Saturday, December 05, 2009

Sean Michael Joins Brother Curt on #5G team‏

BILL GALLAGHER/CURT MICHAEL 5G TEAM ADD SEAN MICHAELTO LEAD TEAM


Valley Forge, PA (December 5, 2009)…Michael brothers, Curt and Sean, are teaming up once again—this time for the Bill Gallagher-owned #5G URC 360 sprint car team.



Next season, Sean will serve as crew chief and mechanic for his brother Curt. Sean will replace Todd Rittenhouse, who is retiring after 19 years with the team.



“Sean has been instrumental--and inspirational--throughout my entire career, helping me set up my cars and supporting me. I’m looking forward to working with him again,” said Curt. “And of course I want to thank Todd for his many years of service and the championship win in ‘08. I’ve really enjoyed my time working with him. I wish Todd and his family the best.”



Curt and Sean ended last season working together at Lowe’s Motor Speedway, Charlotte, NC, for October’s World of Outlaws World Finals, when Curt was in the seat of the #27 Heffner Racing Enterprises car. Sean had been the main driver of the #27 until a devastating crash last May sidelined him for the remainder of the season. Still recuperating from a shattered knee, Sean will drive select races for Heffner Racing next season, providing they don’t conflict with the #5G schedule. No word on who will pilot the #27 full time.



“I’ve always been involved with prepping my race cars, but while rebuilding the #27 during my recuperation, I realized that I enjoyed working on the cars almost as much as driving them,” said Sean. “Curt and I have raced together and worked together and I look forward to doing so again. We’re both grateful to Bill for giving us the opportunity.”



Sean is a former URC champion himself and Curt says having his brother on the team is comforting for a number of reasons.



“Sean has always been mechanically inclined; he can weld and drive the truck and trailer, so the equipment will be well taken care of. I won’t have to worry about anything,” Curt stated.



For more information about Curt Michael and the #5G team, go to www.CurtMichael.com or call 302-537-9253.



About the Bill Gallagher #5G Team
The Bill Gallagher #5G team is a Valley Forge-based, 360 sprint car team, owned by Bill Gallagher. The team, piloted by Curt Michael, competes in the URC series. Michael, a six-time URC champion, joined the team in 07-08, securing the championship in the team’s first year together. Sponsors for the #5G are Valley Forge, Inc., GEI Enterprises, Heffner Racing Enterprises, Lelands.com, Kruger Trailers, Seaford DE Harley-Davidson, Dick Feeser Realtor, K&N Air Filters.

No comments: